Director Of Retail
DIRECTOR OF RETAIL
Porter Lyons is looking for a Director of Retail to manage and execute the growth of our Flagship Store & future locations. Proven experience planning and implementing a retail growth strategy in the fashion/accessories industry is preferred. Candidate will develop procedural standards and expectations for retail store operations, customer experience and culture, as well as retail sales hiring, training and retention planning. The Director of Retail will report directly to the CEO/Designer to meet and exceed sales goals.
VALUE + SKILL SET
- 5+ years of experience working in retail or sales environments
- Strong experience in professional development and management of retail sales teams
- Expert understanding of product in relation to excellence in execution: customer service, visual merchandising, building a sales culture
- Proven track record directly growing sales in a retail setting
- Excellent leadership, organizational, interpersonal, presentation and customer service skills
- Strong ability to identify key on-brand influencers within any given location/industry to build store awareness
- Extremely results-driven mindset—driven by meeting and exceeding pre-determined sales and cultural metrics
- Extreme attention to detail
- Creativity in problem-solving
- Knowledge of sales per square foot
- Recruit, train and develop retail teams that exemplify PL brand culture and excellent customer service
- Guide & manage store managers to establish and exceed brand standards of service, visual merchandising, and overall operational excellence in execution
- Create & implement sales strategies, to meet and exceed goal
- Ensure store financials adhere to fiscal budget
- Identify and implement community involvement opportunities & partnerships
- Drive partnerships with community influencers to foster relationships generating sales results
- Work with operations department to align demand planning and buying needs to fulfill store objectives based on sales forecast
- Overall accountability for store performance and organizational health
- Direct store managers to plan and execute off-site events and festivals
- Develop and implement sales goals structure for store managers and associates—with monthly or bi-monthly team touch bases as needed
- Develop and implement retail sales and product training program for all retail sales teams—prioritizing consistency in brand messaging
RETAIL GROWTH & EXPANSION
- Develop strategic expansion plans to meet and exceed company goals
- Establish, maintain and adhere to retail department’s fiscal budget
- Develop regional marketing strategies alongside CEO to build brand awareness and personalize the brand story
- Ability to quickly and thoroughly identify, partner with and sustain productive working relationships with top local vendors & influencers for optimum store operations execution
- Perform internal assessments of retail sales performance; communicate progress and assessments on all tactics to the team; provide early warning on underperforming strategies
Position will be based at the Flagship store in the heart of the French Quarter. Porter Lyons is a profit sharing company, salary position qualified.
Relocation allowance considered on a per-candidate basis.
Salary Range – competitive salary and benefits package.
ABOUT THE BRAND
Porter Lyons is a New Orleans-based and culturally inspired jewelry & accessory company that gives back to the city, founded by Ashley Porter in 2012.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter with DIRECTOR OF RETAIL in the email subject to email@example.com. No calls please.